Date: Wednesday 11 May 2022 from 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM
POPAI’s flagship shopper conference returns in May 2022 to explore the commercial benefits, impacts and opportunities for brands and retailers, with in-depth case studies and expert analysis.
The popular press may be full of stories of falling footfall and declining sales on the high street but at POPAI we know the power of physical retail and the importance of the physical retail experience in engaging shoppers.
With the majority of retail shopping still taking place in-store, the physical retail environment is crucial, often bridging the gap between the myriad of touchpoints that exist in the complex shopper landscape.
From immersive experiential activations, to concept stores and pop-up installations, we’ll look at the large - and small scale, right through to the power of the window and temporary P-O-P displays; all contributing to an engaging shopper experience.
Emotional Brand Experience
- Today’s shoppers demand in-store experience, this must be targeted to the consumer to drive emotional engagement and fulfil both needs and inspiration.
- Chelsea Flower Show was a great example of truly targeting consumers in an environment where there is a relevant marriage between the event and watercolour paint. This has led Colart onto a market wide business approach to In-store experience.
- The true learnings were about changing the shopper’s pace from browse to play which really broke down any barriers to product interaction and purchase.
Speaker: Amelia Macdonald, Head of Retail Experience
- The needs that led us to this project.
- Creating brand awareness around our sustainability projects.
- Encouraging shoppers to make responsible choices when purchasing in-store.
- Beyond retail: How we will measure impact and omnichannel communication.
Speaker: Carolina Gozzoli, Retail Marketing Manager
Sky Glass: Retail, the face of Sky
- Why the channel is so important for Sky Glass & Sky.
- How we prepared the channel for Sky Glass.
- Our Sky Shops journey & what we have learned.
Speaker: Matt Price, Retail Director, Sky
Rolling out the red carpet experience for McVities VIB biscuits
- The key insights which influenced the POS design
- What was involved to achieve the gold stretched limo 3D design
- How the modular approach maximised compliance and impact in-stores
Speaker: Sam Buccilli, Display Manager (mat. cover) at pladis and Anouska Kett, Marketing & Innovation Director at DS Smith Retail Marketing.
Solving the In-Store predicament
- The in-store environment has dramatically changed and investment continues to be detracted from POS
- There’s a lack of intelligence around the compliance, implementation and measurement of the value of POS
- Discover how brands and retailers have create an enhanced consumer experience while driving efficiencies and savings with POS that deliver
Speaker: Nil Patel, Global Data and Analytics Director Indicia Worldwide & Ben Mountford, Head of Retail, Roamler UK & Ireland
Digital? Old fashioned experience please!
- Does digital mean experience?
- Do we know what experience means?
- If we do, why does it matter?
Speaker: John Ryan, Founder of Newstores
More than Trucks & Sheds: A journey in activating your proposition through technology
- The importance of living and breathing your proposition
- Using the power of design as a vehicle to inspire customers
- How we are raising the profile of the UK supply chain
- Going further than your shop window: How do you create an engaging space for all stakeholders
- What can retail learn from Experience Centre’s
Speakers: Stuart Brazier- Creative Innovation Director & Claire Charlton Head of W2 Wincanton’s Innovation Programme
Location: Cubic Theatre, London Transport Museum, Covent Garden