Who can enter?
What can be entered?
- Creative agencies, P-O-P manufacturers, retail design experts, shopper technology specialists, and even brands and retailers themselves, from across the UK and Ireland
- You don’t need to be a member of POPAI UK & Ireland
To be eligible, work must:
- Have been placed in-store between 01 March 2017 and 28 February 2018
- Produced in response to a genuine brief from a client
- Be submitted as it was originally released into store, with no alterations for the purpose of award entry
- Entrants can submit work from ANY market around the world - the only stipulation is that there has to be a link to the UK/Irish market; either the entries were placed in the UK/Ireland or designed/manufactured by a company in the UK/Ireland
- Approved and paid for by the client
- Not have been entered in previous years
- Retailers and brands can enter work that was produced in-house
- Be accompanied by documentary evidence to demonstrate the work was produced and shipped within the guidelines for entry
- Even if you have only been in either the technical construction of an entry or just the design, you can enter the POPAI awards with the appropriate permissions
We do not accept:
It is a condition of entry to include all of the following:
- Concept designs or works created only for the purpose of entering the awards
- Work entered by another party into the same category
- Work entered into the POPAI Awards in a previous year
- Prototypes that have not been commercially released
Terms and conditions of entry
- Proof of shipment - At least 50 units for categories 1-15. Proof required eg. statement letter from retailer or shipment receipt. NOTE: These should be uploaded with the entry and must be in PDF format.
- High resolution photographs in jpeg format - A minimum of three and a maximum of five high resolution jpeg photographs of the entry showing the entry with at least one of the entry in-store.
- Video files - Video files should be included where appropriate. Video files are restricted to a maximum of two per entry, each lasting no longer than 30 seconds in duration with a file size of no more than 5mb.
- Full payment (Cheque, credit card, BACS transfer) must be received and cleared before the appropriate deadline.
- POPAI UK & Ireland reserves the right to make use of award entry content and related images within future published material connected to its work, whilst at all times acknowledging individual copyrights related to award entries.
- We reserve the right to amalgamate, split and alter categories, as well as create new categories, without prior notice or consultation with award entrants.
- Entries may be moved into an alternative category, if deemed more appropriate, without prior notice and no refunds shall be given.
- Please remove all company logos as well as both company and individual credits contained within any case studies or media prior to uploading your entries.
- Once an entry is submitted, paid for and approved by POPAI, no refund of entry fees shall be given under any circumstances.
- If POPAI establishes that an entrant has broken the awards rules, the offending entry may be disqualified from the Awards.
- Entrants must declare that client permission has been received for the entry to compete in the POPAI Awards and that they hold copyright for the entry, or have written permission from the copyright holder to enter the awards, and in this case that the copyright holder does not require recognition.
- Due to a combination of high entry levels, detailed online and in-depth face-to-face judging process, with every entry examined, it is not possible to give individual feedback on entries that do not receive a nomination.
>> Back to everything you need to know about entering the POPAI Awards