Date: Thursday 4 July 2019 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
A one-day, interactive session exploring the shopper & best practice in P-O-P
***CONTENT & FORMAT UPDATED***
From better understanding today’s shopper to improving P-O-P effectiveness, this one-day session will give you practical, real-life best practices that you can implement right away to boost retail performance and personal achievement.
Our sessions are led by POPAI’s senior leadership team; with supporting learning materials included.
Benefits of attending
- Access to independent best practice insight, knowledge and research
- Concentrated single day learning session
- 360° overview of core industry disciplines including relevant theory
- Emphasis on successful practical application (with our interactive ‘Application Station’ breakout sessions)
- Interactive and engaging format to maximise the learning process
- Small group breakout sessions, discussions and networking
- Learning in a friendly and professional environment
- NEW for 2019 - ‘Briefing Pack’ - to capture knowledge and build your own display campaign from concept to creation, applying the knowledge learned on-the-go throughout the day.
Session 1 - The Basics
- The role of P-O-P and its effects on shoppers
- P-O-P objectives: brand development, disruption, educate and inform, trial and demonstration, aid comparison, remind and reassure, substitution/upsell, merchandising needs
- Temporary versus permanent display: the pros and cons
- What is the Point-Of-Purchase?
Session 2 - The Shopper
- The difference between a shopper and a consumer
- Thinking like a shopper: ‘Would I see it?'
- The concept of the multi-individual
- How gender can influence engagement
- Appealing to Baby Boomers, Millennials and Gen Z
- Why do we shop in-store?
- The different types of shopper mission
Session 3 - The Message
- Adapting the message to mission and product
- ATL telling a story, in-store driving action
- The power of subliminal messaging
- Adjusting message length to match dwell times
- Merchandising psychology: how standards affect buying decisions
- Sensory engagement: light, sound, aroma, music
- The POPAI path-to-purchase model?
Session 4 - Digital Touchpoints
- Why invest in digital: What do shoppers say they want?
- How to think ‘benefits’ instead of tech for tech’s sake
- Digital choices – network / integrated screens / ‘disconnected connectivity’ / shoppers’ own devices
- Deciding priorities, planning and execution
- Developing content – dynamic, user generated, interactive
- Managing digital: consider touchpoints and remember the ‘how as well as the ‘why’
Session 5 - The Concept
- What is innovation?
- Why retail is evolutionary not revolutionary
- Key design considerations
- Working together: engaging retailers and brands
- Developing the brief: ideation, customisation, planning
- Manufacturing processes and materials
- Compliance and installation
- Journey of display
- Measuring effectiveness
- POPAI effectiveness metrics: impact, engagement, conversion
This unique workshop will explore the latest innovations in shopper engagement and include insight into current best practice as well as analysis of real-world in-store activations and the suitability for differing client and shoppers needs.
Who should attend?
The workshop is designed for retail marketing professionals (whether retailer, brand or agency-side) and any person who may be required to build their knowledge around the fundamentals of P-O-P best practice, or would like to refresh existing knowledge and skills, as part of their day-to-day job function.
What is included?
Attendance at the one-day foundation course also includes lunch, a 'Support Pack' containing session notes from the day and a “Briefing Pack” for delegates to fill in during the course of the session. The day will open for registration at 10am with the course starting at 10:30am.
How to book your place
Click 'Book online now' below and if you are a POPAI member make sure you are logged in to take advantage of the discounter member rate. Once we have received your booking we will be in touch with confirmation.
Location: Woburn House
20-24 Tasvistock Square